College Student Storage TipsMay 15, 2018
Unusual Self Storage UsesJune 20, 2018
The details of packing are just part of the home-moving process. If you’re making a long-distance move, for example, you need to get your car tuned and serviced for the trip (that is, if you aren’t towing it). Here are some more helpful tips, courtesy of Stop and Store Victoria:
Last Minute Moving Tips
- Gather all your important personal papers from your safe deposit or essential records (hard drive backup) to keep them with you during the move.
- Pay the Post Office for six month`s forwarding service
- Obtain school transcripts for your children.
- Contact the utilities to arrange service disconnection. (Don’t forget to collect any deposits.)
- Stop your newspaper delivery, cable TV service, etc.
- Travel kit: If you’re traveling cross-country, put together a travel kit: check book, credit cards, ID cards, flash light, keys, small tools, soap, paper cups, alarm clock, aspirin, paper towels, bandages, comics and games for the kids. How about a cooler with cold drinks and snacks?
- Send out change-of-address notices to magazines and credit and charge accounts.
- Recruit moving day help.
- Hire a babysitter for moving day.
- Close your bank accounts. Get your balances in traveler’s checks.
- Get copy of records from your doctor and dentist or obtain mailing addresses for your doctor and dentist so your new doctors can obtain your files directly.
- Pack a suitcase as if you were going away for a week.
- The day before your move, gas up the car (if you won’t be towing it) then try to get a good night’s sleep.
As always, you can trust Stop and Store Victoria to be there for all of your storage needs come moving day!